Friday, January 8, 2010

Today is the beginning of our journey .......


Today was my 1st visit with Dr. Leah Schenk to start my baby journey again. I had a 10:15am appointment and I was so excited !! My mom & Aubrey went with me to the appointment. I really liked taking Aubrey back to see Dr. Schenk because without her I wouldn't have my precious little girl.


So....... We went into Dr. Schenk's office and started talking about how we are going to get this process started and what doses of medicine I was going to start with. She prescribed prometrium 200mg to me that I am suppose to take 2 pills for 7 days so that I can start my period. My last period was August 29, 2009. She also told me I have to take 2000mg of metformin daily which is 4 HUGE pills !!! I also have to start taking prenatal vitamins which don't bother me cause they are small. I hate taking pills but I will do anything she tells me to because I really want to have a baby.


Dr. Schenk also gave me some great news. In the past times I have went to Dr. Schenk to have a baby they do many scans on my uterus to measure the follicles. My insurance doesn't cover any of this fertility treatment and each scan/bloodwork is around $285 every other day until the end of the cycle. This really adds up so ........... Dr. Schenk told me that she will only charge me for 3 scans !!! I felt like this was just a small gesture from GOD telling me that everything will work out the way he has planned and I am so blessed and greatful !!!


So right now I am just taking the prometrium and waiting for my period to start. I have to go back to the dr on day 1-3 for my first baseline scan and then we will get this journey started !!!
I also want to see how much this journey is going to cost so I am going to keep up with the money each visit costs.
Today's totals
dr visit- $25
medicine- $30
parking $5
----------------------
total - $ 60


~Nichole

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! And how nice that your doc is only charging for 3 scans :)
    xo
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete